San Pedrillo of Corcovado Day Tours
On a private day tour to San Pedrillo of Corcovado you can explore the easy to moderate trails with your nature guide at your own pace. Smaller groups offer better opportunities for wildlife sightings.
About San Pedrillo: San Pedrillo is the northern most ranger station in Corcovado National Park and the closest to Sierpe (about 1.5 hrs). Your guide will lead you through primary and secondary rainforest trails where you can spot a variety of wildlife and learn about the rich biodiversity that this area has to offer. After a beautiful morning hike, a lunch break will be taken at the beachfront ranger station before heading out for an afternoon waterfall excursion. This waterfall trail will lead you to an oasis in the hot forest. Here you can swim in the chilly mountain waters to refresh and awaken your senses.
- Round-trip boat transportation from Sierpe (private boat, guide and captain)
- Entrance fees
- Bilingual certified naturalist guide
- Picnic Lunch (we can accommodate most diet requests). Lunch included for parties of 4 or more. Additional cost for groups of 2 or 3.
Schedule: Departs from Sierpe between 6:30 and 9am. Full day tour (returns at your request). We can coordinate transportation (additional cost) from Quepos / Manuel Antonio, Dominical, Uvita or Ojochal. Please inquire with us for pricing.
- Depart Sierpe and travel 45 minutes thru the calm river and canals of the Sierpe Terraba Wetland reserve and then out into the ocean, and then another 45 minutes to San Pedrillo (wet beach landing).
- Spend the day hiking. Usually 2-3 hours in the morning on a flat trail with lots of tree roots, then a break for a beach side picnic lunch and then afternoon hiking to a waterfall for refreshing swim in the river pools.
- Head back to Sierpe in the afternoon, enjoying a mangrove tour on the way back if you desire. Return anytime before dark. It's up to you.
What to Wear:
comfortable hiking clothing (quick dry is best), sunscreen, water sandals or flip flops.
What to Bring:
Socks and sturdy comfortable walking shoes, a day pack with: bathing suit, Sunscreen, hat, towel, sunglasses, insect repellent, seasick medicine, bottle of water and snacks, binoculars, camera (with protective plastic bag) and a raincoat / poncho. Please always apply insect repellent away from other people.